The other week, we went to Iriga City to visit some friends. The city is indeed changing including the location of one of its radio stations — the DWIR-Radyo Natin (107.1 FM).
In one of the visitors’ corner of Radyo Natin is posted a sort of a Ten Commandments for Drinkers allegedly authored by DWIR News Manager, Raul Sodsod. These are as follows:
According to Voltaire, translations can either be graceful or truthful but not both. Even then, below is an attempt to capture the spirit of the piece… at least the spirit. The melody and the beauty of it… well, uhhh… never mind. Can DTN help us here?
1. Thou shall not drink hungry.
2. Thou shall place the liquor inside your stomach and not in your head.
3. Thou shall not drink without ‘pulutan’ (or side dish or appetizer when drinking liquor).
4. “Pulutans” are side dishes not the main dish.
5. Thou shall not always argue and argue during drinking sprees to avoid getting hurt.
6. Thou shall not stall the glass in your hand because other drinkers are also waiting.
7. Thou shall not sleep in the midst of the drinking session.
8. Thou shall tell your wife that you are going to a drinking session to avoid getting fetched.
9. Thou shall drink everything inside the shot glass and never throw a drop because liquors are expensive.
10. Thou shall not always avail of free drinks. Treat others also for a drink.