The Department of Health Center for Health Development (DOH CHD) – Bicol recorded on Monday, July 20, two (2) new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and thirteen (13) recoveries. The total number of COVID-19 cases recorded in Bicol Region is now two hundred eighty (280).
A total of one hundred thirty-seven (137) test results were received today. One hundred thirty-one (131) are from Bicol Regional Diagnostic and Reference Laboratory (BRDRL) while six (6) are from Bicol Medical Center (BMC).Of the 137 test results, two (2) are new positive while one (1) is a repeat test.
The positive cases are described as follows:
- Bicol#279 – a 57-year old Chinese male from Naga City. His history of exposure or travel is to be established. He first experienced symptoms on July 15, 2020 and consulted on July 18, 2020 at a private hospital in the city. He is now admitted at Bicol Medical Center (BMC).
- Bicol#280 – a 53-year old Filipino female from Matnog, Sorsogon. She arrived from Malabon on July 11, 2020. She is asymptomatic and is quarantined at an LGU quarantine facility. Bicol#280 is a caregiver.
Meanwhile, 13 recoveries have been recorded thus reducing total active cases to only 140. The cases that recovered are described as follows:
- Bicol#119 – 8-year old female from Iriga City.
- Bicol#120 – 30-year old female from Iriga City.
- Bicol#121 – 35-year old male from Balatan.
- Bicol#129 – 45-year old male from Pasacao.Bicol#130 – 40-year old female from Pasacao.
- Bicol#132 – 68-year old female from Tinambac.
- Bicol#133 – 25-year old male from Presentacion.
- Bicol#134 – 38-year old male from Lagonoy.
- Bicol#135 – 27-year old female from Tinambac.
- Bicol#136 – 36-year old female from Baao.
- Bicol#144 –a 24-year old Filipino female from Prieto Diaz, Sorsogon.
- Bicol#146 – a 75-year old Filipino female from Prieto Diaz, Sorsogon.
- Bicol#148 – 37-year old male from Iriga City.
Of the 134 negative results, 26 are from Albay PHO, 4 from BMC, 8 from Sorsogon, 95 from CESU-Legazpi, and 1 from USI.
Bicol Region has eight (8) suspects – four (4) from Albay, and four (4) from Catanduanes. The one (1) probable case in Bicol is from Albay.
Meanwhile, total confirmed Covid-19 cases in the Philippines is 68,898. Of this number, 23,072 have recovered and 18,35 deaths. 35,572 cases are in Metro Manila followed by Central Visayas with 11,668.
The Philippines continue to trail Indonesia in terms of Covid cases in Southeast Asia after overtaking Singapore in July 7.