Legazpi City’s election this May 2019 will not be as exciting as the election a decade ago. Incumbent Mayor Noel Rosal has no formidable challenger — only the lesser known independent candidate Emmanuel Nabor. Oscar Cristobal has likewise no opponent for vice mayor.
In the race for the legislative seats, seven of the ten councilors are running leaving only three seats up for grabs.
Rosal and his line-up are running under Partido-Demokratiko Pilipino Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) hopping from 2016’s Liberal Party.
The complete list of candidates is as follows:
- NABOR, EMMANUEL TRINIDAD (Independent)
- ROSAL, NOEL EBRIEGA (PDP-Laban)
For Vice Mayor
- CRISTOBAL, OSCAR ROBERT HIDALGO (PDP-Laban)
- ANDES, JAIME RIVERO (PDP-Laban)
- BALTAZAR, VICENTE III FERNANDEZ (PDP-Laban)
- BARIZO, JOSE ALFONSO VILLAFUERTE (PDP-Laban)
- BASALLOTE, ALWIN DATILES (Independent)
- BAUSA, RAMIRO MENDENILLA (Independent)
- BUBAN, ISMAEL III BALOLOY (PDP-Laban)
- DE LEOZ, CARMELO REDENCION JR. DELA TORRE (Kusog Bikolandia)
- IMPERIAL, GREGORIO FERNAND MARCHA (PDP-Laban)
- DIMACULANGAN, LILIBETH MUÑOZ (PDP-Laban)
- OBIDO, DIEGO ESPARTINEZ (PDP-Laban)
- OJANO, JOSE GREGORIO RAGRAGIO (PDP-Laban)
- RAMIREZ, LILIAN REBURIANO (PDP-Laban)
- RAÑESES, AMORE REX BUSTAMANTE (PDP-Laban)
- SY, ALEX JAO (United nationalist Alliance)