As of July 14, 2020 (8PM), confirmed cases of COVID-19 recorded in Bicol Region are two hundred thirty one (231).Three (3) new cases, four (4) recoveries and one (1) death have been recorded today.
Active cases are one hundred twenty-six (126).
The three new cases are described as follows:
- The 229th case of COVID-19 is a 23-year old Filipino female from Virac, Catanduanes. She arrived from Quezon City on July 5, 2020. She first experienced symptoms on July 2, 2020 and is quarantined.
- Bicol#229 is a civil engineer.Bicol#230 is an 18-year old Filipino female from Baao, Camarines Sur. She is a close contact of Bicol#216. She is asymptomatic and is quarantined at an LGU quarantine facility.
- A 62-year old Filipino male from Baao, Camarines Sur is the 231st case of COVID-19. He is a close contact of Bicol#216. He is asymptomatic and is quarantined at an LGU quarantine facility. Bicol#231 is a farmer
The following have also been noted to have recovered:
- Bicol#101 – a 1-year old Filipino male from Naga City, Camarines Sur.
- Bicol#104 – a 26-year old Filipino female from Naga City, Camarines Sur.
- Bicol#105 – a 59-year old Filipino male from Naga City, Camarines Sur.
- Bicol#113 – a 23-year old Filipino male from Gubat, Sorsogon.
Meanwhile, Bicol#216, a 60-year old Filipino female from Baao, Camarines Sur, has been reported to have died Tuesday. Bicol #216 was admitted at Bicol Medical Center (BMC) on July 11, 2020, same day her result came out positive for SARS-CoV-2. She first experienced symptoms on July 1, 2020 and consulted in a private hospital on July 5, 2020. She is the 2nd reported death in the Province of Camarines Sur.
On test results received
A total of one hundred fifty (150) test results were received today. One hundred forty-one (141) are from Bicol Regional Diagnostic and Reference Laboratory (BRDRL) while nine (9) are from Bicol Medical Center (BMC).
Of the 150 test results, eleven (11) are invalid while three (3) are positive, as reported earlier.Breakdown of 136 negative results:Albay – 16, BRTTH – 13, BMC – 8, BRGHGMC – 1, Camarines Sur – 16, Catanduanes – 6, Masbate – 5, Sorsogon – 8, Naga CHO – 1, and Legazpi CHO – 62.
On probable and suspect cases
Bicol Region has six (6) suspects – two(2) from Albay, one (1) in Camarines Norte, two (2) from Sorsogon and one (1) others. The one (1) probable case in Bicol is from Albay.
Cases Nationwide and in SE Asia
The Philippines has a total 57,545 Covid-19 cases. Of this number, 20,371 have recovered and 1,603 died. The country ranks second to Indonesia in Southeast Asia both in the number of cases and deaths. Indonesia has 78,572 cases and 3,712 deaths