Incumbent Goa Mayor Raquel Lim is facing legal battles lately leading to her suspension for a few months. This May 2019, will she also face electoral battles alone?
Mayor Lim is currently the sole Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) candidate in Goa. She is being challenged by former mayor Marcel Pan who is running under the Nationalist People’s Coalition.
In the vice mayoralty race, incumbent Alfredo Gonzaga III is seeking reelection. He is being challenged by Councilor Ganit Atole. Gonzaga is running under NPC while Atole is under Bicol Saro.
Six of the eight councilors are seeking reelection. Three of the incumbents are running under NPC, and one each for Nacionalista Party, Bicol Saro and one running as independent.
The complete list of candidates is as follows>
- LIM, RAQUEL (PDP-Laban)
- PAN, MARCEL (NPC)
For Vice Mayor
- ATOLE, GANIT VALE (Bicol Saro)
- GONZAGA, ALFREDO III PAN (NPC)
- ARTIAGA, CHARLO YDEN (Lakas-CMD)
- PUNTUAL, PINKY AVILA (NPC)
- BELLEZA, SHEILA ORLINA (NPC)
- BROQUEZA, HANNA-LEN IGLAS (NPC)
- BUENAAGUA, EMILY ABNER (NPC)
- CAMACHO, NIÑA FAYE ARTIAGA (NP)
- CARIÑO, ELY BALDONADO (NP)
- DELFINO, DALMACIO JR. GONZAGA (NP)
- TRILLANES, MARICRIS GONZAGA (Bicol Saro)
- GUADALUPE, JOSEPH VALENCIA (Indepenndent)
- LIM, NEMIA BRECIÑO (NPC)
- LIM, OSCAR SILOS (Indepenndent)
- MENDOZA, MICHAEL FLORES (NPC)
- BACSAL, ROGILLA MENGUILLA (Bicol Saro)
- OGMAR, RONNIE TADEO (NP)
- PAN, MARCEL MICHAEL PADUA (NPC)
- PEÑA, JOSE CARIÑO (NP)
- PENA, PROTACIO JR. CONDE (NPC)
- RIVERO, ANDY GLINO (Bicol Saro)