Suspended Mayor Melquiades Gaite left a vacancy that is now being coveted by two younger politicians – Jeffrey Besinio and Gerry Brecinio. Besinio will be running under Migz Villafuerte’s Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban), while Brecinio will be under Nonoy Andaya’s Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC). While there are only two choices, will the rhyming names confuse the voters more with the result not reflecting the people’s will?
The vice mayoralty is also open with Norman Badiola (NPC) and Jose Malazarte (PDP-Laban) set to have a duel in the ballots.
In the councilors’ race, only three of the eight seats are available. The re-electionist councilors are: Farah Besinio, Mike Bolalin, Lucy Buena, and Eddie Bayos who are all under the Nacionalista Party (NP) banner; and Ben Blanquera running under Bicol Saro.
The complete list of candidates is as follows:
- BESINIO, JEFFREY SINFUEGO (PDP-Laban)
- BRICENIO, GERRY BORELA (NPC)
- BADIOLA, NORMAN EDUARDO PASTOR (NPC)
- MALAZARTE, JOSE BUENA (PDP-Laban)
- BAGAPORO, JOSE II CERILLO (NPC)
- BAYOS, EDUARDO CLEDORO (Nacionalista Party, or NP)
- BEDURAL, EDWIN PANAMBO (NP)
- BESINIO, FARAH RAFAELITA BRIONES (NP)
- BLANQUERA, BENJAMIN BOAQUEÑA (Bicol Saro)
- BOLALIN, MIGUEL JR. BREBONERIA (NP)
- BUENA, LUCY BUSTARGA (NP)
- BULALACAO, CATALINO JR. BUFFE (NPC)
- BUSADRE, RAUL BONITA (NPC)
- DATO, ULYSSES BALLESTEROS (NPC)
- FAJARDO, JAYVEE BRIGOLA (NPC)
- NACARIO, CRECENCIO DOMAGSANG (NPC)
- PORTACIO, FRANCISCO TIRAO (NPC)
- SINFUEGO, GILLES SORIANO (Bicol Saro)
- TRINIDAD, DAISY PEYRA (NP)
- VERDEFLOR, JUAN JR. NAVARRO (NPC)