In the province where Congressmen could not finish three terms, does the 2019 election spell doom for the incumbents?
In the First Congressional District, first termer Renato Unico Jr. of the National Unity Party (NUP) will be facing two challengers one of whom is Gov. Edgar Tallado’s wife, Josefina. Like her husband, Josefina will be running under Partido Demoratiko Pilipino – Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban).
In the Second District, incumbent Marisol Panotes, also of PDP-Laban, will be challenged by former Congresswoman Liwayway Vinzons Chato.
Both Chato and Tallado are considered to be strong contenders having a name and machinery, respectively.
The complete list of candidates is as follows:
First Congressional District
- PEÑAFLOR, PHILIP EMMANUEL CASTAÑEDA (Independent)
- TALLADO, JOSEFINA BANING (PDP-Laban)
- UNICO, RENATO, JR. JALGALADO (NUP)
Second Congressional District
- ASIS, DONALD ELEP (Independent)
- PANOTES, MARISOL CONEJOS (PDP-Laban)
- CHATO, LIWAYWAY VINZONS (Kusog Bikolandia)